Tuesday, June 8, 2010

You want me to do what?

I gave my first piano lesson today, I'm learning Spanish because I'm going to have to give a seminar for the women of Nicaragua on missions, I'm building an entire website, and I have had to learn how to function and be sick at the same time. God is asking a lot of me already and it's only the end of the first week.
Yet, I'm not surprised!
Everyone kept asking me how God prepared me for this trip down to Honduras and I always had a hard time responding. But being down here has helped me know the answer. (God works in hind sight a lot in my life.) He gave me patients. Life here is slower than in America. We move and always hurry and here there is not really an instance when someone is late. When I'm ready for something to happen, I wait. When I need something done, I wait for it. Those who wait upon the Lord will renew their strength and also their patients. In the times that I wait, it becomes easy to rejoice in the Lord and again rejoice. It becomes easy to slow down and see just how big and awesome God really is.

But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. -
Isaiah 40:31

No comments:

Post a Comment