Thursday, June 24, 2010

Asking alot

From the day I left Honduras, I have been completely looking forward to my return. I knew that I was coming back, I just needed to know when. I have a place in my heart for the people here and it's only filled when can see their eyeballs! Even my body is on Honduran time! My experiences down here have not all been warm and fuzzy. I have seen the life style of missionaries and it is not easy. The work doesn't involve a lot of book smarts, but it requires constant agility and movement. I'm exaughisted, but being in a place where I feel like I am helping seems to give me a strength that I don't have back in the states. They say that will power boosts up your adrenaline and that is the truth. I am able to go starting at 7 in the morning until 11 or 12 at night 7 days a week! There is so much to do here and not enough people to do it. The newness of the field has worn off and now it's real living. I have seen things that I question, made memories that I can keep, learned ways to work with people, learned how to communicate when words fail, and found new and interesting qualities about myself that otherwise would have remained hidden.

No comments:

Post a Comment