Saturday, November 27, 2010

Putting My Faith/Pocketbook to the Test.

Over the last year God has placed a calling in my life to sell my all possessions and turn to His will for my life. With this submission, I’ve felt a strong tug to return to Tegucigalpa, Honduras on a more permanent basis. I have committed to going for a year! God has softened my heart to the people and the culture and given me a longing to interact and share His love with them as a staff member of Mision Caribe. Mision Caribe, as most of you know, is an incredible ministry that serves Honduras through evangelism, church planting, building houses, feeding programs, Bible Institutes, missionary training, and much more.

Our hopes are to partner with and help develop an elementary school this coming August. That’s where I come in. Along with teaching English to the staff, I’ll work with youth within the Churches as well as teach English and Computer classes. These educational resources are vital to the area, where education is only available to the very wealthy. Many of the poorer children who do not receive an education fall under the influence of local gangs in the city. Needless to say, my role within this ministry is one that is vital in seeing the kingdom of God move in Honduras.

I need your help! Please understand – this isn’t just an opportunity to write a check for a good cause. This is a chance to partner with God’s mission through your prayers and support. Wherever you live, you’ll be making an eternal impact on the lives of hundreds in the years to come. I’m budgeting $1,200 a month, which includes all of my food, housing, travel, and daily necessities. I’m trusting God to provide 12 people to give $100 a month, or 24 people to give $50. If this is not something you can commit to, a one time gift of $20, $50, $100, or even $500 God can use and multiply.
Checks can be sent at anytime during the year!

All checks can be made out to Caribbean Out- reach with a memo on the check to Bekah Woodall and sent to Caribbean Outreach/ Mision Caribe P.O. Box 308 Dodge City, KS 67801. All gifts made out to Mision Caribe are tax deductible.
If you are unable to give financially at this time, I totally understand. God has and will provide for my needs. Whether or not you give financially, I covet your prayers. I dare not go to Tegucigalpa without a team of prayer warriors behind me.
Over the past couple of years, God has radically transformed my life, and I am ready and willing to give my life back to Him through His mission in Honduras. I ask you to prayerfully consider joining with me through your prayers and financial support. I am humbled and honored to follow God through the help of each and every one of you. I look forward to relaying many in- credible stories of God’s work in Honduras! Pray for me in the months to come as I continue this awesome journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment